- 2 1/2 pound pre-marinated stew meat
- (I like the Asada Tri Tip roast from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 pound baby red potatoes cut in half or quarters
- 1 pound carrots, scrubbed and cut into large pieces
- 1 sweet onion cut into large slices
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut into 1 inch strips
- 4-5 garlic cloves, green shoots removed and chopped coarsely
- Prep all ingredients as indicated in the ingredients list.
- Place potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, & jalapeno in a large slow cooker (in that order).
- Add meat and marinade juices into the cooker, directly on top of vegetables.
- Add 1/4 C red wine or water into the roast bag. Roll the open end over to close it, and give it a shake (over the sink in case it leaks). Pour the liquid over the roast and discard bag.
- Cover the cooker and turn to high setting. Cook on high for two hours then reduce heat to low and cook another 4 to 6 hours. The vegetables will be just tender, and the roast should be tender but not falling apart.
Step 1 – Prep Veggies
Step 2 – Add veggies to cooker.
Step 3 – Add meat to cooker.
Step 5 – Cook and serve.
Oops, coming soon!