Serves: 6-8 people
Hands-on time: 10 min
Total time: 22 min
This recipe for basic roasted salmon couldn’t be easier. The quantity is limited only by the size of your oven! I can do 2 pounds of salmon in my Breville Smart Oven (I have the Breville BOV900BSS — it’s the biggest size they have).
- 2 lbs salmon (sustainably farmed or wild caught)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- roasting pan
- basting brush
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Rinse salmon filet in gently running cold water and pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Place fish on cutting board skin side down and with a sharp knife cut into 6 portions of approximately equal size.
- Line roasting pan with foil and place fish skin side down on foil so that fish is not touching.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- Serve 2 of the filets with your meal and save the rest for later in the week.
Tips and Timesavers
- Ask the fishmonger to cut your filet into 5 oz portions when you buy it. This will save you the step of cutting it yourself, along with the cleaning of the knife and cutting board. They should not charge you.
- After cooking, the skin will come right off. When storing the excess for future use you can get rid of the skin now and save this step later.
- Fish skin and other discards can smell up your kitchen trash can. Wrap them in a separate plastic shopping bag before putting them in the trash. Better yet, bring the wrapped fish discards directly to your outside trash bin.
- Serving Size: 5 oz
- Calories: 146
- Protein: 26
- Fat: 5
- Carbs: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Sugar: 0
Sorry about the lighting on this photo, it was a little dark in my kitchen.
Are you making this? Take pictures and send them to us and you’ll get credit plus a surprise gift!