Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hr 30 minutes
This weeknight meal is so effortless, it practically makes itself! If you use very large thighs you will have leftover meat to use in another meal later in the week.
- 1 package of (2) turkey thighs
- 1-2 Tbsp steak or other rub-type seasoning blend
- 2 baking potatoes (white or sweet)
- 1 bunch of broccoli (or replace with green beans or zucchini or salad or whatever greens you like)
- olive oil
- Salt & pepper or other desired seasoning
- Potato fixings: Butter, chives, sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 375F on convection, or 400F on regular.
- Scrub the potatoes under running water, and wrap them in squares of tinfoil. Puncture with a sharp knife in several places. Set aside.
- Remove turkey thighs from package and cut away any excess fat or loose bone materials.
- Put the thighs skin-side up on a cutting mat or kitchen towel. Sprinkle with the seasoning mix and lightly rub the seasoning into the turkey.
- Dribble some olive oil onto a small roasting pan. Place the thighs skin side down in the pan and sprinkle the exposed side with the seasoning. Lightly rub the seasoning in with your fingers.
- Place the pan in the oven, along with the potatoes and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the thighs over (skin side up now) and rotate the potatoes. Set the timer for another 30 minutes.
- Prep your broccoli (or other green vegetable) by trimming off the hard ends and little leaves, and cutting into mouth-sized pieces. Put into a sauce pan with a quarter inch or so of water in it (or use a steamer), and cover.
- When the turkey and potatoes are done remove them from the oven and set aside.
Put a clean towel over the turkey (not foil).
- Cook the broccoli about 6 minutes or until crunchy tender.
- Serve all! Put some butter, plain greek yogurt (or sour cream), and salt and pepper on the table for dressing the potatoes.
Oops, not here yet. Coming soon!